This is an exercise to identify our team/program core values. It is important to have core values so we can identify if our team is successful, and know where to emphasize for growth. Please do this on your own, as I would like to see what you personally would emphasize. Your answers will not be shared.
Take a look at the above Character “skills” and notice they are in two columns. Column 1 is Performance, and column 2 is Moral.
- Choose 4 words from each list that you think should be valued most in our program.
*Keep in mind the following:
– What would you like to stand for?
– What would you want our team culture to be?
– What do you want your teammates to be?
- Take all 4 words you chose from the performance column and rank them from most important to least important. 1-4
- Take all 4 words you chose from the moral column and rank them from most important to least important. 1-4
- Take the top 3 you ranked from each column and put them all together. You should now have a list of 6 traits.
- Rank the 6 traits from 1-6 from most important, to least important.
- Text message the list (numbered 1-6) to Coach James.