We are currently under Phase 2 of The OSAA COVID-19 Reopening/Summer Guidance.
See The Latest Update Here (July 22).
OSAA Frequently asked Questions about COVID guidelines. http://www.osaa.org/coronavirus
OSAA Update (June 5).
OSAA Update (July 1).
Players and parents must download and sign the following form before participating in Summer workouts.
Here: COVID-19 Activities Participation Agreement
Upon arriving at training, players will be screened by a coach asking them if they “comply with the criteria for participation as outlined in the COVID-19 Activities/Sports Participation Agreement?”
Criteria are as follows (found in the 2nd paragraph of the waiver).
- No temperature above 100.4 within the prior 72 hours;
- not taken any fever reducing medication within the last 72 hours;
- no close contact with anyone being tested/diagnosed with Covid-19 within the last 14 days;
- no congestion/runny nose;
- no sore throat;
- no shortness of breath/difficulty breathing;
- no nausea/vomiting;
- no excessive fatigue/tiredness;
- no muscle/body aches;
- no loss of taste or smell
If your player has any of the above symptoms, or is sick in any way, please keep them home from training.
OSAA COVID-19 Guidelines for Return To Play
OSAA Soccer specific guidelines are as follows:
- Limit sharing of soccer balls to within pods.
- Disinfect equipment frequently.
- Feet only (no heading, use of hands)
- No contact
- Maintain appropriate physical distancing 6 feet apart.
Other guidelines of note (for full guidelines please read memo above).
- Please wash hands or bring hand sanitizer for personal use.
- Please shower and wash all workout equipment after training.
- Do not gather at the entrance to the field. Please remain in vehicles until gates are opened.
- Players will be structured into “pods” of no more than 10 players. The pods will work together during the training. These pods will remain the same for at least 1 week.
- Social distancing will be required and monitored. Please stay a minimum of 6 feet apart at all times.
- Players will report and be screened for COVID-19 symptoms upon arrival to training. These responses to screenings will be recorded and stored wit the AD. Players with symptoms Should stay home, and WILL NOT be allowed to participate.
- Cloth face coverings may be worn if the player prefers. No player will be discouraged from wearing a face covering. Plastic “face shields” will not be allowed.
- Water bottles must not be shared. Please bring your own.
- Locker rooms/shed/meeting rooms will not be utilized. There will be no in-school bathroom access available.
- All equipment will be cleaned after each training session.
- Shared equipment will only be shared within pods. No pod will share equipment with another pod.
- Physical contact such as high-fives, fist bumps, hugs, and group celebrations/huddles will not be allowed.